Monday, October 27, 2014

My Darling!

We ran into the one and only, President Bertrand! Soeur Lefrandt and the other two elders in the photo all served in Rouen and we were so excited to see one of our fav people!

 Soeur Bell, oui, elle est belle!
 Soeur Castillo, my crazy Canadian :)



little Lucille

 love me some Cheetah..#getontheirlevel
call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me...
Hey hey hey!

What another wonderful week...only downfall of this week was that it is freezing...time to whip out the winter coats! I don't understand France weather...it's August..why is it already becoming autumn? Slow down father time! Well this mission just got a make-over I would say because we lost 15 sisters and have 15 brand new sisters in the mission. This week we finally got to meet some new faces.

Tuesday and Wednesday were super fun because I got to spend a day with an awesome girl named Soeur Bell. That's right "Sister Beautiful' she is one of a kind. She just arrived from the MTC, but she is a wise soul and knows more than me about everything so I learned so much from her. It was also really fun having a companion the same height as me #yayfortallgirls. We saw so many miracles in the wonderful, muslim packed city of Mulhouse. We contacted a few girls that were super interested and it was such a fun day. One of them was named Cassandra from Romania. She was a hoot. She was so pumped to talk to us about Jesus, she was bouncing around and jumping all over. I love foreigners who love Jesus! 

Thursday and Friday we went on exchanges with Soeur Castillo and her new bleu from Florida (Winter Park). We had a fun day in Nancy with them and I got to be with my dear old comp Soeur Castillo. I'm so proud of her training and everything. It was fun to spend the day with her and see so many amazing miracles just like old times in Rouen. One of the ladies we contacted had a cute little girl in a stroller. We stopped her and we began to talk to her and she was down for giving her number. She was really nice and explained that she was buddhist, but also Christian. Soeur Castillo totally whipped out an inspired questions and asked her why she had become buddhist. She told us of how she had questions that she still to this day doesn't have answered..gotta love questions of the soul! We all have em! She was so open with us and said she was still on her search. WOW! We prayed with her and her little girl and she was really excited to see us in the future. It's the little miracles like these that make the mission so abundant and enjoyable. 

Later we met up with Catherine in a park and talked to her about life and we go to explain the baptismal covenant with her. Our discussion because interrupted though from some people she ran into, but the Spirit was still there. We really want Catherine to have this gospel. We've been praying so hard for her because we know how much the true church of Jesus Christ and the fulness of His gospel will help her in her daily life. Keep her in your prayers! :) Her cute daughter, Lucille gave Soeur Lefrandt and I the cutest little bracelets all wrapped up and everything. We call her our little sister. She is a handful and hilarious. 

Saturday we saw the Kimbergt's. They made Soeur Lefrandt and I our very own business cards! Woot woot! It's tradition for all missionaries to receive this awesome creation. 

Ok, best for last! Last night was probably one of the funniest nights of my mission..So Soeur Lefrandt and I had really been wanting to see an Armenien member named Nune. Lately on the phone she said she was in pain and she hadn't been to church in a while so we were really worried about her. We had a hard time communicating with her on the phone because she speaks so little English and no French. So we finally figured out where she lived and it was super far. We asked our "oh so kind" elders to come with us to give her a blessing.  We arrive and she gets her blessing and we sing for 5 funny Armeniens..Nune being the only member of the church. It's just a mixture of English, French, Armenien, and Russian in a little room consisting of a sink, a closet, two beds, and a tv. Turns out Nune's neighbor that spoke decent French was interested in hearing about our church so the elders were blessed with a new golden ami! Nune was so happy we came she just kept taking our hands and saying "My Darling.." which is about the only English she knows, but she is precious and we love her. It's always a good night when Armeniens are involved :)

Well life is wonderful and I love missionary life. Wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I'm really sorry to hear about the loss in the family, but I know our sorrows can be swallowed up in the plan our Heavenly Father created to make all the choas somehow work out and help us comprehend that all we don't understand will be fine. It just requires faith in His timing and trust in His plan. It really reminded me of how slim our time on earth is and how we must all remember the little things in life are what matter most. I love you all so much. Keep safe and be happy! You are in my prayers!

GROS BISOUS


Sœur Berge

No comments:

Post a Comment