Monday, October 27, 2014

Power of the Spirit!












Bonjourrr!

Well, what another week of miracles! 

I am so grateful for these rough past few weeks. Soeur Lefrandt and I have been doing so much finding and have seen a fair share of rejection these past few weeks and I'm so glad for my companion and her wonderful spirit of persevering through the more difficult times. 

I want to share some of the miracles from yesterday. Yesterday, the elder's ami got baptized. She is a beautiful woman who is so sweet and we were so excited to welcome her into the family and ward. Soeur Lefrandt and I were especially ecstatic to see our amis, Catherine and Slavica show up just in time to see them perform the ordinance. I was so grateful for all the members who fellowshipped them after the baptism. 

Later we were headed to Catherine's to teach her and her family. When we got to her ville that is a little further away, she said she wasn't quite home yet. We decided to go porting for a little bit and no one was really interested. We were about to head over to Catherine's when we Soeur Lefrandt see's a used chocolate ice cream box in the garbage just outside their front door. She turns to me and says, "Oh I think this is our girl!" We laughed and decided to ring one more bell. This quirky looking lady answers and she is on the phone. She starts talking to us and tells her brother she needs to hang up the phone so she can talk to us. Wow! OK! Not everyday you see that. She invites us in and we sit and talk to her. She told us how she was just going through a hard time and prayed that God would comfort her. That's why the minute she saw "Jesus Christ" on our name tags she knew we were an answer. She has her own church and her own beliefs, but we had a good discussion with her and at one point she even looked into our eyes and told us there was something about us when we spoke that made her want to cry, but not a 'sad cry' a 'joyful cry.' We tried to help her recognize that she was feeling the Spirit and she was so touched. We didn't have a lot of time with her, but we got to pray with her and we are seeing her this week. We are so excited. Her name is Pascale and she has so much potential!!

Later, we saw Catherine at her house. We were super excited because this was finally our moment to explain the book of mormon to her and introduce something so precious for us. It was one of the most incredible rdv's ever. We walk in and sit down and she says, "Before you say anything, I want to know about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith!" Well well well! Planning is so important and can be so inspirational because that is exactly what we wanted to talk to her about. We introduced the Book of Mormon and she and her son, Ferdinand, had so many good questions. After our message, she really opened up to us and began to cry saying how her life has been hard lately because her husband doesn't believe and she blames herself for not praying even more for him or being bolder with him about beliefs. Now you gotta realize, Catherine is a beautiful, hard working mom who does everything for everyone and is a perfect example of a "disciple of Christ." I think my favorite part of our rdv last night was when she felt the Spirit and told us through tears, "I've been looking for my path for so long and I think I've just found the path God wants for me" WOW! She is just so special. Soeur Lefrandt and I discussed after about how we all must have been such good friends in the pre-mortal life because we just love her so much!

Anyways this week was awesome and the Spirit truly has the power to touch hearts and change lives. The gospel is true and the scriptures give us answers to the questions that trouble our hearts. I love this work. I love this gospel. I love the Spirit! I encourage you all to look for ways to invite the Spirit more in your own life and seek for opportunities for others to taste of it's goodness. Love to you all!

GROS BISOUS


Soeur Berge

No comments:

Post a Comment